Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving is in November

This has been a very busy week. Even in Canada, we benefited from the American Thanksgiving (the Canadian Thanksgiving was back in October).

Babi,
Deens, a friend from NY
and Chan spent Shabbos with us.

Over Shabbos, we tasted the esrog compote. Hmmmm. It was a bit bitter. I will have to adjust the recipe before I serve it. The menu included turkey, pumpkin pie and birthday cake.

I was going to take before and after pictures of the food, but things were too rushed right before Shabbos so this is it for the pictures. Afterwards, there wasn't much "after" to take pictures of except dirty dishes. It was really wonderful having everyone visit. Deens was even able to stay until Tuesday morning. With Chanukah only about 2 weeks away, I look forward to more visits from family.

Recently, I finished a baby hat for Chan's friend's baby, and Chan gave it to her this past weekend.


It is made with a variegated 100% merino wool sock yarn (very soft) from Fleece Artist. I adjusted a kids' pattern to fit a 3-6 month old. It came out very cute. I'm ready to start another one.

I've almost finished knitting fingerless mitts in black (yarn ends need to be sewn in).

I have started my first lace project, a scarf (or rather 2 at once) made from a wool/silk yarn. It's not mindless knitting. Every row is different, and I really have to pay attention and remember which row I'm on.

Next week is going to be very busy. I have a table for 2 nights of gift shows for my Arbonne line. I have products to wrap and price so I'll be busy Sunday. I hope everyone has a restful and uplifting Shabbos.

No comments: